Nostalgic for a late 90s inspired, lo-fi acid soft synth, built behind a minimalist pixel art interface? The RP-8 was made for you.
Designed for the PICO-8, an 8 bit game engine, Luchak has released the RP-8. Available as an app for Windows and Mac in addition to the PICO-8, and offered as a "name your own price" download.
This is a lo-fi to the extreme ReBirth machine. Check out the demo below, and for help deciphering the workflow there is a helpful tutorial in the online manual.
- Dual 2-voice paraphonic synths with lowpass filters
- 6-track drum machine with two sound modes per track
- Effects including delay, compressor, assignable filter, and three overdrive units
- Save and export your songs
- Crunchy 8-bit 5.5kHz mono sound